WoodAnchor™ fixturing-slot router bit
Features & Benefits
- Mill WoodAnchor fixturing slots on demand, including intersecting slots, wherever you need them.
- The proprietary engineered profile minimizes stress concentrations, creating wood-based slots with exceptionally high load capacities.
- All cutting edges are precision CNC-ground, micro-grain carbide.
- An integral 1/2" small-diameter cutter ensures accurate slot openings. Milling 3/8" or 7/16" wide starter grooves is recommended for ease of fixturing-slot routing, but is not mandatory for high-powered routers.
- These premium industrial-grade router bits are made exclusively for ToolQuest by the Whiteside Machine Company. In two published comparison tests, Fine Woodworking Magazine rated Whiteside router bits "Best Overall".
- Economical resharpening service for this bit is available directly from Whiteside.
- Made in the USA
- ToolQuest part number: RB0141
- Whiteside part number: 20-427
- Shank diameter: 1/2"
- Overall length: 2-1/2"
- Maximum speed: 18,000 RPM
- Maximum depth of cut: 3/4"
- Slot dimensions: see drawing
- Compatible sliding nuts: KT0108
U.S. and International Patents Pending
I rarely write reviews, but I feel I need to help spread the word. I'm not sure where I first saw the Woodanchor system. Wherever it was I knew it was a well-executed system that I needed to incorporate. I'm glad I did. Prior to using the system, I had designed a table to use with my CNC machine that used aluminum T-slot channels that I tried to epoxy to a sheet of MDF. I was never happy with that system for a variety of reasons.
It's been a week since I remade my tables incorporating the Woodanchor system and it's truly a game-changer. In a nutshell, EVERYTHING simply WORKS.
Thanks for providing a tool that is truly going to increase my productivity.
I backed the original Kickstarter and recently ran out of hardware. I got a second router bit just to have one permanently with the router lift and another one in my systainer with the OF1400. I use the ToolQuest system for everything I would have used aluminum T-track before and more.I can highly recommend this system.
Been looking to break free from the limitations of T track. This new system looks to be the answer. The nuts are a little spendy but saves the cost of an aluminum track. No limits on the length of track and excellent holding power. Bit cuts like a dream. Highly recommended.
Great bit. It is a Whiteside which says it all. Very sharp, well balanced and designed to cut a WoodAnchor slot in a single pass. I put it to the test with my CNC router water cooled spindle, Milwaukee table router and Bosch hand held router. In each case I got a nice smooth cut in a single pass with router motors ranging from 2.25 to 3.5 horsepower. I found it to work equally well in MDF, Baltic Birch plywood or fine hardwoods to include oak, maple and beech. I have probably cut over 100 feet of track and the bit still preforms as it did when it was new.